Reno Zumba Fitness Classes Are For Everyone
No matter who you are, or how confident you might be, starting a new fitness routine is a daunting and intimidating task, especially when it comes to Zumba classes. But what is Zumba? Why do people do it? What are the benefits? What do you need to know?
For some, the concept of a regularized workout routine is a hurdle in itself. Zumba is one way to get a consistent workout in; however, what most people often worry about is whether they’ll be able to keep up or follow the moves – especially if they’re new to the concept. Fortunately, intimidation and concern is the last thing you’ll find at one of the popular Zumba classes offered by the Flex Appeal Gym in southwest Reno. Flex Appeal is a 24-hour gym that offers free fitness classes like Zumba, for all members. Read on to discover more about Zumba.
What Exactly is Zumba?
Zumba is essentially a huge fitness dance party. These 60-minute heart-pumping sessions offer an open invitation to anyone and everyone who wants to improve their health and well-being. All you need is enthusiasm to get started. It doesn’t matter if you’re an amazing dancer. As long as you’re moving, you’re doing it right. Most Americans don’t move their body as much as they should – this, coupled with poor diet and health habits results in major health problems. Zumba solves this problem by creating a fun, exciting, and motivational environment.
Zumba comes from Latin-inspired dance routines that combine cardio and dance into a workout that uses choreographed steps and music to form a party fitness atmosphere. While much of the music and dance steps are generally inspired by Latin-American sounds, Flex Appeal’s Reno Zumba classes feature everything from African beats to modern pop and hip-hop.
Since its inception in the mid-nineties, the Zumba program has reached over ten million people in locations across the world. Over the years, the cardio-centric classes have even grown to include options for children, seniors, and even classes that take place in the water.
What to Expect from Zumba South Reno Classes
Before you enroll in your first Flex Appeal Zumba class, you’ll want to know what to expect. Most Reno Zumba classes are about an hour-long and start with a dynamic warm-up that helps you get into the groove.
The workout portion of your regimen is broken down by song – each of which comes with its own dance routine. Though many instructors use pre-choreographed Zumba movements, others also introduce their own flair for an added personal touch.
Unlike other aerobics classes, Flex Appeal’s Zumba classes utilize different parts of each song to create the foundation for the choreography. Similarly, you may find that your instructors don’t often speak, but instead cue you into motions using hand signals that inform you where you should be heading next.
For first-timers, getting into the rhythm can be a challenge, but because most Zumba uses the same songs time after time, you will quickly begin to get the hang of things after a few classes. There are very few guidelines, so have fun with it!
Health Benefits of Joining Reno Zumba Classes
Reno Zumba classes provide many benefits for your body and mind that are not as easy to obtain with other workouts or exercise routines. Below is a list of just some of those benefits:
- Boosts endurance – Generally, Reno Zumba classes are fast-paced and use quite a bit of energy. The hour-long classes also help your body adjust to ongoing exercise. This helps you burn more calories and leads to easier workouts.
- Provides a full-body workout – The benefits of a full-body workout are tremendous. Zumba uses the combination of dancing and aerobics that involve complete movement of the body to exercise your upper, lower, and core body all at the same time.
- Improves coordination – The continuous movement of your arms and legs helps you feel more confident moving your body and the repetitive movements improve coordination.
- Better your cardiovascular health – Zumba classes provide aerobic and anaerobic benefits such as increasing heart rate, burning fat, building muscle, and strengthening bones. This can improve your cardiovascular health in return.
- Reduces stress – Zumba helps reduce stress in numerous ways. Dancing and moving your body causes the release of endorphins and neurotransmitters that improve mood and reduce stress hormone levels. The upbeat and positive music played during Reno Zumba classes can also have a positive impact on mood, helping to reduce stress.
- Develop a fun exercise routine – The biggest struggle people have with fitness is maintaining a consistent exercise routine. This can be due to a number of reasons, but the more you enjoy your workout, the more likely you are to stick with it. Reno Zumba classes are not only effective, but they’re also fun so you want to keep coming back.
Free Gym Trial at Flex Appeal | 24 Hour Gym in South Reno
For more information, check out our Zumba fitness class schedule or contact us today. When you’re heading to your first South Reno Zumba class, it’s beneficial to show up early and introduce yourself to the instructor. If it makes you feel better, you can inform them that you are just a beginner and ask where you would be best situated within the class to fully see them during the workout.
Our Reno fitness center is open to members 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for total convenience. And as a local, you can get a free gym trial with us! Each membership starts with a free Reno gym trial at Flex Appeal. Whether you just want to try us out or you’re looking to become a full member, we want to give you a 7-day pass to our Reno fitness center for free – no obligation or strings attached!